I thought it might be fun to share the books that we're reading!
This month(ish) we are reading Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card*! (Note: my book club has a major slant towards the sci fi/fantasy side of things.)
Here's what I knew about Ender's Game before we picked it:
- It is a well-known and beloved sci fi novel that gets talked about a lot
- A movie has been made of the book that got very little attention except for some people protesting it
- The writer is, I think, some kind of horrible homophobe or sexist or something which is why some people protested the movie even though they may have loved the books
- Ender is the name of a person, not a reference to a type of game that I had imagined to be something akin to a zero-sum game
- It was probably set in the future, as is the case with most sci fi books
*My mind keeps accidentally turning his name into Scott Orson Wells - a little fantasy author mash up!
Post Script: I'll probably share other books I'm reading in the Book Club feature, and maybe even past books I have read that I want the world to know about, so let's not get too hung up on the actual reading timeline of the Book Sluts, okay?