|This Week's "I want to go to there": anyone have a yellow Volkswagon van for a getaway?|
Photo by Dino Reichmuth.
I love Tach Pollard's long-limbed mythic creature carvings!
"Do you even realize how much your body loves you? I mean, it's always trying to keep you alive. That's all your body lives for, making sure you breathe while you're asleep, stopping cuts from bleeding, fixing broken bones, finding ways to beat the illnesses that might get you. Your body literally loves you so much. It's time you start loving your body back."
Came across this on Facebook. I don't know the original author, but I love the idea.
Italian artist Alberonero paints pixellated rainbow murals. If I was allowed, I would 100% really want to and probably not have the guts to do this on the outside of my own home.
The Avocado Principles
Seth Godin hit us with another brilliant one:
1) If you wait until you really want an avocado, the market won’t have any ripe ones. You need to buy them in advance.
2) If you eat an avocado that’s not quite ripe, you won’t enjoy it. AND, you won’t have a chance to enjoy it tomorrow, when it would have been perfect if you had only waited.
3) If you live your life based on instant gratification and little planning, you’ll either never have a good avocado or you’ll pay more than you should to someone else who planned ahead.
4) Buy more avocados than you think you need, because the hassles are always greater than the cost, so you might as well invest.
5) And since you have so many, share them when they’re ripe. What goes around comes around.
The approach I have been taking is to just not bother with avocados, because they are never ripe when I want them. This way probably has more joy.
Sign up for my email newsletter for a weekly digest and bonus content!
Post a Comment