|This Week's "I want to go to there": Just this reminder that our worries are transient.|
Photo by Paolo Bendandi.
Leave it to Susanna
Susanna Bauer crochets around leaves she finds and it's incredible.
Rules for Being Human
This list of rules for being human is possibly handed down from ancient Sanskrit teachings, or maybe Dr. Cherie Carter-Smith in her book If Life is a Game. Or maybe they came from somewhere else entirely. Either way, they are great.
1. You will receive a body.
2. You will learn lessons.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons.
4. A lesson will be repeated until it is learned.
5. Learning lessons does not end.
6. 'There' is no better than 'here'.
7. Others are merely mirrors of you.
8. What you make of your life is absolutely up to you.
9. Life is exactly what you think it is.
10. Your answers lie inside you.
11. You will forget all of this.
12. You can remember it whenever you want.
I especially love #6 and #8.
Still Life of Fruit
Art studio Quatre Caps has made a series of beautiful, traditional still life images of fruit, where the fruit is packaged. Love it. (Also, if you take this as an inditement of packaging fruit, let's all remember that packaged, precut produce is actually important for accessibility for those with limited dexterity.)
Someone trained seals to sing the Star Wars theme song. What a glorious way to spend your time.
Atlas of Space
Eleanor Lutz is the truly incredible data visualizer behind the website Tabletop Whale. She recently created an atlas of space. Here is her visualization of our solar system:
For each element, she shares how she made it and the open source code for others to do the same, as well as tutorials on how she has used Python to create her work. You can't see it, but I have turned into a human heart-eyed emoji over here.
Sign up for my email newsletter for a bi-weekly digest and bonus content!
Post a Comment